Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Liverpool v Arsenal-27th August-4pm

Quote Originally Posted by Pokers View Post
    We've had different owners. Same problems still persist.

Changing fhe owners and keeping Wenger will definitely not resolved the problems we've endured for the last 10+ years.
    I don't mean sticking with Wenger is the answer. But getting rid of him necessarily doesn't change anything with these owners. Like I said they have been happy with Wenger so they might bring in some other guy who's happy with not spending any money.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    I don't mean sticking with Wenger is the answer. But getting rid of him necessarily doesn't change anything with these owners. Like I said they have been happy with Wenger so they might bring in some other guy who's happy with not spending any money.
    Getting rid of him will definitely does change things with the owners.

The owners have given Wenger's plenty of resources to compete and he's fallen short for years.

This isn't even a opinion anymore. That time has finished, it finished years ago. There is no one left supporting Wenger and all his players want to leave him. The gig is up!

Ramsey's latest comments that "We're a shambles" says it all.

I'm not sure what the board were thinking though of offering Wenger a 2 year deal. People "in the know" at Arsenal seem to believe that the board refuse to sack Wenger and would rather give him enough rope to hang himself.

What I do know for sure is that next summer we are truly f**ked.

Sanchez will leave with no fee coming to the club, and need replacing.

Ozil will leave with no fee coming to the club, and need replacing.

Cazorla will leave with no fee coming to the club, and need replacing.

Mustafi will almost certainly leave, and not just need replacing, but upgrading.

Wilshere will be leaving with no fee coming to the club, and need replacing.

Mertesacker retires, and will need replacing, again, with no fee coming to the club.

Koscielny will be 12 months older and even more frail physically.

Cech will be 36 years old, and we will need a new GK.

So next summer we will have to spend 150m just replacing 3 out of contract players, an amount the club may not want to spend, and Wenger would never have the guts or the knowledge to spend that amount.

Thats before we get round to upgrading the under performing areas of the squad.

And, all these players all enter their final 12 months:

Giroud
    Walcott
    Ramsey
    Welbeck
    Ospina
    Cech
    Monreal

Do you think they'd stay on and have faith in the manager?

It will never happen.

This is going to take at least 3 years of re-building after Wenger has been driven out of the club.

What an utter mess he's created.