Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Arsenal-27th August-4pm

Well ,not even i could see a performance like that for us ,but it just really brings home the truth about this squad that has to be recognized.
    The fact that Yet again Xhaka was culpable in some way for the first goal doesn't surprise me one bit ,but the lack of fight back for the team was telling.

Let's make one thing clear here this was about the best performance i have seen Liverpool give in the last few years. They were on top of every ball for the get go and never let up. At around the 35 minute is aid to my son there is no way they can keep this level of intensity up in the second half ,but the early blunder for the 3 goal took the life out of us . A bit of fortune in then other direction with us scoring would have started a comeback that i have grown used to wth this team. But the opposite happened and there was no fight ,not for Sanchez ,not from Oil ,not from Xhaka .
    When you are up against a team playing at the level liverpool came out with you have to match it or get buried and that's what happened today .
    I thought for sure there was no way Xhaka comes back out after putting us into all kinds of trouble yet again ,so when i saw Coq coming out for the second half my hopes were well up there ,only to realize that he came on for Ramsey !!!!! i couldn't believe it ,Xhaka already getting caught on the ball or rushed into making poor passes should have been the first player off the pitch .
    The manager yet again has absolutely left me bewildered . Wy not have coq sit in front of the back four and have Ramsey in front of him as the more attacking option because number 29 was not doing it.
    The fact that for the early in the second half Xhaka turned the ball right over to Liverpool giving them a shot on goal only denied any sort of confidence to be built with the infusion of help in that area.
    I would like to say i have never seen Arsenal play as bad as this ,but i still can't get the horrible taste of the Bayern debacle out of my mouth. But this game was right up there for me as one of the very worst . Even when Man U out 7 past us we were still giving them a go ,but this game was something else.

I have said for the start that this team will be lucky to finish top four ,but got my hopes up when Ozil started playing well and Ramsey playing really well at one point.
    But then we make some of the worst signings in recent memory there have been NO player that i have thought were actual Arsenal quality of what I have come to expect signed in theist 5 years, and i think the Podolski signing should have sent up some warning signs. However i looked upon that as more of a mistake and not the norm . Well now it has become the norm with the exception of Sanchez.

I don't know where we will end up this season ,i think i predicted us finishing second ,but off of this display i think we could be out of Europe altogether.

Embarrassing!
    Man of the match for me Wijnaldum. Completely underrated player who does a job that is quiet yet so very necessary especially against a team like us. Fantastic performance agin from him.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Arsenal will win this game for sure.

The dilemma facing a fresh arsenal for any top team after a shock loss is daunting psychologically because usually at our best we have a skill level and endurance none can match.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokers View Post
    Specs doesn't make any fair points. He doesn't make any sense at all. He opens his view that "Arsenal will win this for sure" despite, as Hams already said above Arsenal having a abysmal record against the top 6 teams.

He's also already ignored the fact that Xhaka made two of the 4 goals against Leicester City and, if it wasn't for him Arsenal would have zero points in the first two opening games of the season. That's how much he actually pays attention to the game.

Liverpool will win this game without question. And it won't be because of Xhaka. It'll be because of the abject defending and disjointed performance under Wenger and his failings to address the issues in any of his teams.

It's also amazing how Specs over looks the amount of times Chamberlain gives away the ball to the opposition.

I wonder why that could be........?
    Jesus H Christ!

Another embarrassing season for old Speccy Boy.

Completely clueless and today's game highlighted just how much fans like him miss the real problems withing any Arsene Wenger squads.

I don't care we lost. In fact I now welcome it. Wenger looked completed out of answers after the game and that's because he doesn't realise what's happening.

Ramsey - Unrecognised compared to the bloke who led Wales in the Euros. Completely different player.

Xhaka - Again, has the freedom of zero discipline under Wenger and looks like he's been given zero instructions.

Chamberlain - LOST count how many times this fella gives away the ball. But you know what? Signed for Chelsea or Liverpool he'll become a super star. Given no guidance at all.

In a nut, these are the same problems happening over and over again and I called it years ago. Now it's become more obvious.

To win the league a team can't really lose more than 3 games. Arsenal have already lost 2 in the first 3 matches. This reeks of a team that's witnessing a long season of the same old mistakes called out for years.

When I saw fans coming out of Anfield saying "I used to be Wenger 'In' bit now I'm Wenger OUT. I'm lost how he's been allowed this long to continue the charade!!???

I wish him nothing but the worst possible outcome. I said already on here, this season isn't about what Arsenal can achieve for me, it's about watching Arsene Wenger have the most agonising time of his career. Because I know he has nothing but this football club. I hope he suffers and his legacy is destroyed because he deserves nothing better.

What an utter, utter cu*t.6

I wonder here should not a fair portion of the criticism go towards the owners. Wenger has done the job well enough he's been hired for. Kroenke has said sporting achievements are irrelevant for him. He has other sport franchises that are in similar situation as Arsenal so firing Wenger wouldn't necessarily mean more ambitious manager.

Yet to see the highlights, but all the reports focus on Arsenal's inept display. Thanks for small mercies, the Arsenal result and England fighting back against the Windies in the test cheered me up after watching Spurs draw with Burnley! A bit like my own team, I think the best chance of glory for Arsenal this season lies in the cups, top four looking a tall order. Liverpool are still too unpredictable for my money, they are prone to pulling out impressive results like this only to get beat by a Watford or Palace the week after, time will tell I guess.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

lol @ how on point Pokers prediction was and how far off specs prediction has been again

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    I wonder here should not a fair portion of the criticism go towards the owners. Wenger has done the job well enough he's been hired for. Kroenke has said sporting achievements are irrelevant for him. He has other sport franchises that are in similar situation as Arsenal so firing Wenger wouldn't necessarily mean more ambitious manager.
    in all fairness mate , Wenger picked the team that started this game.
    The players he subbed on should have started along with Sanchez and we walk this game without question.
    Wenger continues to start Xhaka and he has cost us two goals in the last two games at least!
    And you just can't blame the Xhaka selection either Ozil has been Trash ,yet another big game where he has been left looking as exposed as i said he was in game of this stature before he even signed for the team.
    I could usually bail Wenger out because of not having players available to him due to injury ,but there is no excuse in this game .
    I saw Wenger, AFTER he made his 3rd sub ,visibly complain about a stupid move Xhaka made . So its not like he is not aware of his blunders .So i ask why is he out there what redeemable qualities does he offer the team . He makes a load of passes ,but how many assists does he have ? What is more important is how many times he causes a counter attack because he gets caught in possession ,because he thinks too slow to make a proper pass that benefits the attack and so on . He is slow as f@ck and against team like liverpool and leicester with speedy players he costs us every time.

I have said it before when Ozil was going through his crap early on ,that we play with 10 men in most games when he is out there ,now we play with 9 Xhaka out there who has more assets for the opposition than he has for us this season so far it seems.
    Last edited by specnur; 30-08-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    Yet to see the highlights, but all the reports focus on Arsenal's inept display. Thanks for small mercies, the Arsenal result and England fighting back against the Windies in the test cheered me up after watching Spurs draw with Burnley! A bit like my own team, I think the best chance of glory for Arsenal this season lies in the cups, top four looking a tall order. Liverpool are still too unpredictable for my money, they are prone to pulling out impressive results like this only to get beat by a Watford or Palace the week after, time will tell I guess.
    Wenger was inept Liverpool were really good on this day mate. You have to give them credit.
    You want to see how much of an impact a good midfielder has on a team then you need look no further that Wijnaldum and Dembele for me those two are the most important player in both teams .If Wenger would pull his head out of his ass and start Coq instead of Xhaka and keep Ramsey or Sanchez in his place instead with Lacazette and Giroud up front with Welbeck and Walcott and ox we'd rip that team apart . Like you said Liverpool are inconsistent and there is no doubt in my mind that if we would have scored at 2-0 to make 2-1 we would have gotten at least a point ,but mistake after mistake by players that had no business on then pitch gave su no chance . As soon as that 3 rd goal went in watch Sanchez body language at the bottom of your tv screen a few moments later ! He had given up with was why Wenger had to sub him off .

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    in all fairness mate , Wenger picked the team that started this game.
    I'm not talking about this match or defending Wenger. But the people who have been saying for the last 5 years or more that Wenger should go should they not look at the owners?

We've had different owners. Same problems still persist.

Changing fhe owners and keeping Wenger will definitely not resolved the problems we've endured for the last 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    I'm not talking about this match or defending Wenger. But the people who have been saying for the last 5 years or more that Wenger should go should they not look at the owners?
    Those people saying that don't know what they are talking about mate. They want to talk about firing Wenger but who are they saying to replace him with ?
    Right now Wenger has a squad of players that he is not using right ,that is not to say that i think they are world beaters because they are far for it .But he has a selection of fit players that should be 3-0 in wins this season without question ,but he's not picking the right combination of players . If the board has given him money to put those pieces in place he has to utilize them in the right way but he is not. That is solely down to him right now ,no one else .NOW if we are talking about Arsenal competing with the likes of Chelsea ,Man u, Man city for top quality players then that another thing .Are the board willing to go that route ? i don't know ,but right now we are not even beating teams we should be beating with the players available. 3 FA cups on 4 years is an astonishing achievement, knowing when we are up for it, we can beat any team is infuriating when you see the performances of late.
    Last edited by specnur; 31-08-2017 at 01:02 PM.