Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man City v Liverpool-9th September-12.30pm

The Mane red a real divider of opinion, I have no bias as a Tottenham fan, I've little time for either club if the truth be told. Just saying what I saw, I think we can all agree it finished the match as a competitive spectacle. If a 'Pool fan happens to read this I'd say don't be too despondent. Liverpool looked very lively and good for a point at least until the red card bismarked their chances. Poor substitutions by Klopp didn't help, but I'd say the season is not yet over for the men in red.
    Man City, to be frank, cannot be judged on that performance. Go up against a decent side with 11 men for 90 minutes, then you can crow. Until then, can't help but think Citeh are a bit like Liverpool - better going forward than defending...
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    The Mane red a real divider of opinion, I have no bias as a Tottenham fan, I've little time for either club if the truth be told. Just saying what I saw, I think we can all agree it finished the match as a competitive spectacle. If a 'Pool fan happens to read this I'd say don't be too despondent. Liverpool looked very lively and good for a point at least until the red card bismarked their chances. Poor substitutions by Klopp didn't help, but I'd say the season is not yet over for the men in red.
    Man City, to be frank, cannot be judged on that performance. Go up against a decent side with 11 men for 90 minutes, then you can crow. Until then, can't help but think Citeh are a bit like Liverpool - better going forward than defending...
    "decider of opinion" what other opinion is there other than it was a deserved red card for reckless play?
    On what technicality are people debating it's validity ffs! he gashed his face open with his boot while stood upright . LOL!

With regards to the Mane red card, he had every right to go for that ball. It's not as if it was in the keepers possession.

Harsh red all day long.

What the fuck got it ruining the match got to do about whether it was a red or not.

And in theory you can go after every ball with a flying tackle and studs high. But if there's a player at the end of that tackle it's a reckless play and a red card. Even if you touch the ball first in some cases. But here Mane was also late. The keeper played the ball with he's head clean. How is this a different when you go studs first and hit someone's ankle when trying to play the ball.