Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man City v Liverpool-9th September-12.30pm

Man City v Liverpool-9th September-12.30pm

Man City won their last game 2-1 away at Bournemouth thanks
    to an injury time winner from Raheem Sterling who then got sent
    off for going to celebrate his goal with the travelling supporters.

Liverpool thrashed Arsenal 4-0 in their last match and don't seem
    to be missing Coutinho who still hasn't played for Reds this season.

Going for Man City to win this one in a tight 1-0 game.

My prediction for player of the year, Gabriel Jesus, to be the scorer.

First big test for both clubs (lets face it Arsenal didn't pose much of a threat against the 'Pool), should be a good game. I'm going for a narrow Citeh win, Liverpool actually have a good record against them home and away in recent seasons, but I'm betting on the new improved Man City under Pep's tutelage doing the business.
    Man City 2 Liverpool 1
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

FT
    Man City 5-0 Liverpool

Should Sadio Mane have been sent off?

This was Jurgen Klopps biggest defeat since taking charge of Reds.

What a shit game this turned out to be. I wasn't sure at first but definitely a red card for Mane. Horrible challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    What a shit game this turned out to be. I wasn't sure at first but definitely a red card for Mane. Horrible challenge.
    No mate, couldn't disagree more. Sure, he made contact but it wasn't deliberate. Sometimes players run into each other, bound to happen. It spoiled the game, I didn't watch the second half cos I knew it was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    No mate, couldn't disagree more. Sure, he made contact but it wasn't deliberate. Sometimes players run into each other, bound to happen. It spoiled the game, I didn't watch the second half cos I knew it was over.
    But it doesn't matter if it was deliberate or not? It was a reckless play and he was late. If you go studs first on someone's leg that can be a red card. Even if he got the ball first it could have been a red.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    But it doesn't matter if it was deliberate or not? It was a reckless play and he was late. If you go studs first on someone's leg that can be a red card. Even if he got the ball first it could have been a red.
    Nah, players run into each other from time to time, inevitable really. I've run into people in my time, don't expect them to do me for assault, and vice versa. The red spoiled what was otherwise a competitive game.

That mane red card was one of the clearest red cards ever. He had so much timetable pull out of that challenge but he decided to go for the ball and the keepers head. Red card all day long

Even if it was an accident? Mane was looking right at the ball not the keepers head!