Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: North Korea

  1. #1

    North Korea

    I was sure we already had a thread on this but canna find it.

    Tensions in the region have been heightened again after claims by the North that they have Nuclear weapons capable of striking mainland U.S.A. They have also fired missiles over Japan and have even threatened firing a weapon into the sea around the U.S military base in Guam.

    Are you at all fearful of a nuclear war setting off here or do you think that Kim Jong-un is just homicidal rather than suicidal?

  2. #2
    I think it's very they will use the weapons but terrible country to posses a nuclear weapon either way. One thing is that being broke they might be tempted to sell them to some other unstable countries. So I don't know if full embargo is a good thing. Seem to be bad options only. I'm so glad USA has a capable president running things though

  3. #3
    if it is true that they have developed these warheads then it will be, in their mind, for self-defence purposes. I can not envisage or understand a scenario in which they make the first strike.

    the regime will have seen the lengths the Americans and others have gone in order to dislodge a leadership and will obviously see themselves as vulnerable. the nuclear deterrent is an extremely strong one and the perception if irrationality and unpredictability suits them.

    they're politicking and, seemingly, doing it well.

  4. #4
    They certainly don't seem to be acting like this is a self defence situation.

    I think they look a country that has a nut job leader who demands respect and acknowledgement.

    Strange lot indeed.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    the regime will have seen the lengths the Americans and others have gone in order to dislodge a leadership and will obviously see themselves as vulnerable. the nuclear deterrent is an extremely strong one and the perception if irrationality and unpredictability suits them.
    .
    Wasn't North Korea part of Bush Jnrs 'Axis of Evil'. The Iraq invasion must have hastened their quest for nuclear weapons. As you say hard to imagine how they would strike first unless Kim Jong-un wants his country vapourised.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokers View Post
    They certainly don't seem to be acting like this is a self defence situation.

    I think they look a country that has a nut job leader who demands respect and acknowledgement.

    Strange lot indeed.
    well that depends on perspective.

    if you were a leader of a country that America basically saw as the enemy wouldn't you want to be equipped with be best weaponry available to thwart or deter any impending attempts at a coup, either directly or indirectly?

    we don't trade with them and they have sanctions against them so we're doing nothing to support their efforts in obtaining this level of weaponry which is good but lets not pretend there is no risk towards the regime of that country to which they will want to be prepared against.

    there are regular military 'shows' just south of the Demilitarised zone just in case the North were in any doubt about the heavy spectre of American influence in that region. If Vietnam had been successful I suspect that North Korea would no longer exist today. Not that it should ever have existed in the first place seeing as the Korean peninsula was chopped in half by US and Russian collusion.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    Wasn't North Korea part of Bush Jnrs 'Axis of Evil'. The Iraq invasion must have hastened their quest for nuclear weapons. As you say hard to imagine how they would strike first unless Kim Jong-un wants his country vapourised.
    it certainly was.

    and yes, it is beyond fathomable to me that they would go on the offensive. even if they wipe out the base on Guam the Yanks have more than enough in the area to cause irreparable damage within a matter of hours. the collateral damage doesn't bear thinking about though.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    if it is true that they have developed these warheads then it will be, in their mind, for self-defence purposes. I can not envisage or understand a scenario in which they make the first strike.

    the regime will have seen the lengths the Americans and others have gone in order to dislodge a leadership and will obviously see themselves as vulnerable. the nuclear deterrent is an extremely strong one and the perception if irrationality and unpredictability suits them.

    they're politicking and, seemingly, doing it well.
    I agree with this .
    I really don't have a problem with North Korea having nuclear weapons ,but what i do have a problem with is them flying them over Japan.
    That sh!t is out of order ,IF that is what happened .

  9. #9
    I'm pretty sure that the most important reason for the nuclear weapons is the ridiculous nationalism and hero worship cult that the government is built on. It's a shit country to live in by most standards. This at least puts them in a very exclusive club. Good for them. Perhaps. How you people take this as a positive is a bit depressing.
    Last edited by IamMelGibson; 14-09-2017 at 02:15 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the most important reason for the nuclear weapons is the ridiculous nationalism and hero worship cult that the government is built on. It's a shit country to live in by most standards. This at least puts them in a very exclusive club. Good for them. Perhaps. How you people take this as a positive is a bit depressing.
    I think the main reason for most countries is protection.
    A bully won't f@ck with you if he knows you carry a gun.

    I guess they know more about us than we know about them ...........https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemoc...4185644007816/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •