Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: North Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post

well that's kind of the problem, it would be a suicide mission. as you have mentioned before in a slightly different context, self-preservation dictates the locals MUST put up with it, however badly they suffer.
    majority rule mate ! If feel sorry for anyone that has to toe the line in a system they don't agree with ,but that's not my problem.
    We could go the world over identifying things people do in foreign lands that we don't agree with ,but why North Korea before Saudi Arabia.
    Why North Korea before America that has systematically mistreated black folks based solely on what they look like even after nearly 400 years of unpaid labour building that economy?

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    majority rule mate ! If feel sorry for anyone that has to toe the line in a system they don't agree with ,but that's not my problem.
    We could go the world over identifying things people do in foreign lands that we don't agree with ,but why North Korea before Saudi Arabia.
    Why North Korea before America that has systematically mistreated black folks based solely on what they look like even after nearly 400 years of unpaid labour building that economy?
    don't get me wrong, I'm not in favour of going in anywhere so you wont catch me saying we should overthrow the leadership or anything like that.

however I can recognise the hopelessness of the situation the vast majority of North Koreans are in. I don't doubt the sincerity of many of them though that genuinely revere the leader and regime. it is religious in its devotion and we know how powerful that can be, as well as an enemy of logic or reason.

the people there live a dire, controlled existence. you can express your concern and outrage at that without being a new age colonialist or (the most overused and devalued adjective of the new millennium) a white supremacist.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Both have been allowed to exercise their crap quite freely by the west. The problem here is that North Korea now possibly have missiles capable of sending nuclear bombs all over the world and are constantly threatening everybody.

And Korean old culture has as much to do with prison camps as Japanese one has with waifu blankets. Less even.