Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: North Korea

  1. #1

    North Korea

    I was sure we already had a thread on this but canna find it.

    Tensions in the region have been heightened again after claims by the North that they have Nuclear weapons capable of striking mainland U.S.A. They have also fired missiles over Japan and have even threatened firing a weapon into the sea around the U.S military base in Guam.

    Are you at all fearful of a nuclear war setting off here or do you think that Kim Jong-un is just homicidal rather than suicidal?

  2. #2
    I think it's very they will use the weapons but terrible country to posses a nuclear weapon either way. One thing is that being broke they might be tempted to sell them to some other unstable countries. So I don't know if full embargo is a good thing. Seem to be bad options only. I'm so glad USA has a capable president running things though

  3. #3
    They certainly don't seem to be acting like this is a self defence situation.

    I think they look a country that has a nut job leader who demands respect and acknowledgement.

    Strange lot indeed.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    the regime will have seen the lengths the Americans and others have gone in order to dislodge a leadership and will obviously see themselves as vulnerable. the nuclear deterrent is an extremely strong one and the perception if irrationality and unpredictability suits them.
    .
    Wasn't North Korea part of Bush Jnrs 'Axis of Evil'. The Iraq invasion must have hastened their quest for nuclear weapons. As you say hard to imagine how they would strike first unless Kim Jong-un wants his country vapourised.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    if it is true that they have developed these warheads then it will be, in their mind, for self-defence purposes. I can not envisage or understand a scenario in which they make the first strike.

    the regime will have seen the lengths the Americans and others have gone in order to dislodge a leadership and will obviously see themselves as vulnerable. the nuclear deterrent is an extremely strong one and the perception if irrationality and unpredictability suits them.

    they're politicking and, seemingly, doing it well.
    I agree with this .
    I really don't have a problem with North Korea having nuclear weapons ,but what i do have a problem with is them flying them over Japan.
    That sh!t is out of order ,IF that is what happened .

  6. #6
    I'm pretty sure that the most important reason for the nuclear weapons is the ridiculous nationalism and hero worship cult that the government is built on. It's a shit country to live in by most standards. This at least puts them in a very exclusive club. Good for them. Perhaps. How you people take this as a positive is a bit depressing.
    Last edited by IamMelGibson; 14-09-2017 at 02:15 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the most important reason for the nuclear weapons is the ridiculous nationalism and hero worship cult that the government is built on. It's a shit country to live in by most standards. This at least puts them in a very exclusive club. Good for them. Perhaps. How you people take this as a positive is a bit depressing.
    I think the main reason for most countries is protection.
    A bully won't f@ck with you if he knows you carry a gun.

    I guess they know more about us than we know about them ...........https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemoc...4185644007816/

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    It's a shit country to live in by most standards. This at least puts them in a very exclusive club. Good for them. Perhaps. How you people take this as a positive is a bit depressing.
    I don't see it as a positive. It is never positive when another country friend or foe joins the nuclear family. The world needs to move towards nuclear disarmament. I just don't believe that Kim Jong-un is suicidal. Homicidal yes, but not suicidal.

  9. #9
    North Korea reminds me of Saddam's sh*tty regime. All about sabre rattling to deter America. Let's face it they are a third world country with a fat little madman in charge. Being selfish, a potential problem for America and Japan but not for us. Trump is full of sh*t, he won't go there. Just empty rhetoric.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    North Korea reminds me of Saddam's sh*tty regime. All about sabre rattling to deter America. Let's face it they are a third world country with a fat little madman in charge. Being selfish, a potential problem for America and Japan but not for us. Trump is full of sh*t, he won't go there. Just empty rhetoric.
    never fails to make me laugh when Europeans refer to older cultures as "3rd world".
    It's one of the most common white supremacist comments there is out there yet people don't seem to accept it because it is the norm.

    I do't think this is anything like Saddam's regime however ,the only time remember Saddam "rattling" his saber was when threats of invasion by the west started, this however seems to be more unjustifiably and intentionally provocative. I don't know what is driving this bloke to do what he is doing IF he is doing it ,and what makes him so confident ,given America's willingness to invade a country at the drop of hat in the past .
    Maybe it's because North Korea has nothing in that country worth stealing (such as oil). If japan were as big as allies as the USA would like them believe they would have had ships ready at their shores months ago.
    They have the backing of the U.N. so why the delay in action , not that i support any action of the physical nature .
    America doesn't give a toss about Japan ,just like they didn't give a toss about the Jews being gassed in Europe ,because there was noting in it for them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •