Maribor 19 : 45 Spartak Moskva
    Liverpool 19 : 45 Sevilla
    Feyenoord 19 : 45 Manchester City
    Shakhtar Donetsk 19 : 45 Napoli
    RB Leipzig 19 : 45 Monaco
    Porto 19 : 45 Beşiktaş
    Real Madrid 19 : 45 APOEL
    Tottenham Hotspur 19 : 45 Borussia Dortmund

some cracking games for our British sides in Match day 1.
    The pick of the round though must be Barcelona against Juventus.

Feyenoord vs Man City.

No idea about the result, but going for De Bruyne with the assists for Leroy SANE and SERGIO AGUERO. Probably Man City.

Sevilla away to Liverpool and Napoli away to Shakhtar are the picks of the day.

No suprises for the results. Glad to see United got a convincing win against Basel but the injury to Pogba is a worry. As for Celtic - that was embarrassing, they are used to getting pumped away but at home that was bad.

Tottenham brilliant, the manager and players beginning to learn against a classy side like Dortmund at last. So much for the Wembley hoodoo! Seriously, the Germans had a fair few injuries coming into this and dominated the first half, though at least Spurs used their noodles and did not try to butt heads with them. A counter attacking approach was entirely appropriate in this match. The same may well be advised against the best teams in the PL this season, not the way Tottenham typically play but I don't care if it produces the right result. If we can get the balance right we might do a lot better than I was hoping for this season. COYS!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    Tottenham brilliant, the manager and players beginning to learn against a classy side like Dortmund at last. So much for the Wembley hoodoo! Seriously, the Germans had a fair few injuries coming into this and dominated the first half, though at least Spurs used their noodles and did not try to butt heads with them. A counter attacking approach was entirely appropriate in this match. The same may well be advised against the best teams in the PL this season, not the way Tottenham typically play but I don't care if it produces the right result. If we can get the balance right we might do a lot better than I was hoping for this season. COYS!
    Mate you lot got well lucky!
    That was never offside in month of Sunday's and knowing Spurs fragile psyche they may have folded at that point or Dortmund may have just gained more confidence. A terrible decision at a crucial time that changed the game that spoiled a brilliant finish also. But happy Spurs won ,Kane really does have to make the right decisions in and around the goal ,this game it never cost you but down then road it will .Funny thing is the first two goals you scored were more difficult than the two shockers you missed. Didn't know Spurs bought Aurier ,could be a decent signing. I was wondering when someone was going to finally punish Vertongen fro that flailing arm of his. He's being doing that for years in our league but no one says anything . That's why i said a couple of years ago if you put that man under pressure he will lose it ,he can't handle it and should be the point of attack for any manager who has done his home work. I bet even after this game they won't see this flaw in Spurs back line .

Another incident which i missed from the Celtic game was when a fan ran onto the pitch and tried to kick Kylian Mbappé.......he missed!. Brendan Rodgers has offered him a 3 year contract!.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Mate you lot got well lucky!
    That was never offside in month of Sunday's and knowing Spurs fragile psyche they may have folded at that point or Dortmund may have just gained more confidence. A terrible decision at a crucial time that changed the game that spoiled a brilliant finish also. But happy Spurs won ,Kane really does have to make the right decisions in and around the goal ,this game it never cost you but down then road it will .Funny thing is the first two goals you scored were more difficult than the two shockers you missed. Didn't know Spurs bought Aurier ,could be a decent signing. I was wondering when someone was going to finally punish Vertongen fro that flailing arm of his. He's being doing that for years in our league but no one says anything . That's why i said a couple of years ago if you put that man under pressure he will lose it ,he can't handle it and should be the point of attack for any manager who has done his home work. I bet even after this game they won't see this flaw in Spurs back line .
    Yes, we rode our luck but that is football for you. Had it been the other way around no doubt everyone would have been screeching about the "Wembley hoodoo". What you are missing from your analysis is the tactical changes Poch made in play to counter the obvious German dominance in the first half. Tottenham played a "different" game, sitting deep and soaking up pressure, hitting on the counter. The team is actually well set up to do that, with a solid midfield and defence, and some bite up front. Such a strategy involves an element of risk, but there are times when it is the sensible option. The Germans were clearly confident, technically adept, and had come to London with the aim to play their usual game; high press, overwhelm the opposition with high tempo precision passing and clinical finishing. I can't really recall many wayward passes they made, I think the weak link in their chain was the goalkeeper; you could easily argue the Son goal and the first Kane goal were savable. Don't care dude, this is a team game, Dortmund left themselves exposed at times. Kane and Son could (and should) have scored another two goals, the Germans were overconfident and underestimated Tottenham's attacking prowess.
    All history now, but I'm sure Poch and the players learned an awful lot from that game. I suspect they may employ similar tactics in the PL against the better teams at Wembley this season. That's what you get from a thinking progressive manager, unlike "one club golfer" Wenger.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

I see the white "Titus Bramble" got on the score sheet twice in Europe's elite competition.

Tue 12/09/17
    Benfica 1 - 2 CSKA Moskva
    Manchester United 3 - 0 Basel
    Bayern München 3 - 0 Anderlecht
    Celtic 0 - 5 PSG
    Chelsea 6 - 0 Qarabağ
    Roma 0 - 0 Atlético Madrid
    Barcelona 3 - 0 Juventus
    Olympiakos Piraeus 2 - 3 Sporting CP

Wed 13/09/17
    Maribor 1 - 1 Spartak Moskva
    Liverpool 2 - 2 Sevilla
    Feyenoord 0 - 4 Manchester City
    Shakhtar Donetsk 2 - 1 Napoli
    RB Leipzig 1 - 1 Monaco
    Porto 1 - 3 Beşiktaş
    Real Madrid 3 - 0 APOEL
    Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 1 Borussia Dortmund

It was a great match day 1 for all the English team in the CL.