Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea vs Arsenal - 17th September 1:30pm

Angry Chelsea vs Arsenal - 17th September 1:30pm

A defeat on the cards without question.

Chelsea will be like a well oiled machine with Hazard back. And Arsenal are just a big fat mess with a wage bill of, what is now, well over 200 million.

To not achieve top 4 (Which we never will) with that kind of outlay is massively embarrassing for Wenger. That's 40 million more than Spurs bill.

What I expect from today will be no leadership, no motivation, no plan how to take Chelsea on and some Wenger pound notes flying about in protest.

The predicted decline continues.

I'm all for red cards when players go in studs showing but Luiz went in with the side of his foot. Fair challenge for me

Quote Originally Posted by eaman View Post
    I'm all for red cards when players go in studs showing but Luiz went in with the side of his foot. Fair challenge for me
    Funny, I'm sure we disagreed on the Mane foul, for me this was a red because Luiz clearly showed intent. All in the eye of the beholder.

Despite Poker's gloomy forecast Arsenal played very well and could have easily nicked it. I thought Chelsea would see them off with a goal or three advantage, but that's the PL for you. More unpredictable than a barrel of monkeys. It was actually pretty refreshing to see competent defending for a change, all too often high profile PL games end up with a comedy of defensive errors, high scoring and entertaining for the punters but not top class football. Seriously, if I was a Gooner I'd want to see Arsenal play with that kind of guile against the better teams for the rest of the season. Keep that up and top four becomes realistic again.

Chelsea fans will no doubt be disappointed, first draw at The Bridge since Conte took over, but in all honesty it wasn't a bad point. Chelsea have, surprisingly, been dismissed as title contenders by some pundits, but I think they are right in the mix. As much as I hate to admit it, they are very well organised, very efficient, every inch title contenders.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    Funny, I'm sure we disagreed on the Mane foul, for me this was a red because Luiz clearly showed intent. All in the eye of the beholder.
    Ya he showed intent on getting the ball and he did get it with the inside of his foot. If his studs were showing it would definitely be a red but they weren't

Ya he showed intent on getting the ball and he did get it with the inside of his foot. If his studs were showing it would definitely be a red but they weren't
    Semantics? Scythe down a player with the "inside of your foot" and it's okay, but if studs are showing it isn't? Nah, the head and the heart says red.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    Semantics? Scythe down a player with the "inside of your foot" and it's okay, but if studs are showing it isn't? Nah, the head and the heart says red.
    But he got the ball. It was a fifty fifty challenge. Maybe the diving in part fooled the ref and made it look worse

But he got the ball. It was a fifty fifty challenge. Maybe the diving in part fooled the ref and made it look worse
    Don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on fouls Eaman!

The force Luiz went into that tackles was reckless it's as simple as that Eaman . It was more force than what was needed at that time ,it was outrageous and it WAS STUDS UP for what i could see. Not sure why you are making excuses for him as he has form for rash behavior. Arsenal played well with what was on then pitch and in fact Xhaka had a pretty good game in this one . What was funny as watched this game with my son who is in Tokyo and me in the UK ,is when my son brought up the fact that we didn't know Ozil wasn't playing!!!!!! that's how invisible the player has been this season ,when he's not playing we don't notice, incredible!
    So in effect with Xhaka putting in a better shift and us adding a player that was putting in a shift we played with 11 men for the first time this season .

Lets face it this arsenal team has got THIS chelsea teams number for some reason. Even with the mediocre team we have they have trouble beating us in big matches.
    People will always favour Chelsea in this match up though make no mistake about it and ignore recent form.
    Some of the early play from us was really quite surprising and looked like the Arsenal of old ,with short accurate quick passing under extreme pressure .I think that set a tone in the mind of that Chelsea team that they ere up against it today and at times we made them look like a championship team we bossed them so well.
    But as is always the case with games as tight on the scorecard as this was ,Chelsea would surge at home and they had their chances also.

very good result for us and a surprising one as i had to be perfectly honest because i had chelsea winning 2-0 ,but that was because i expected Ozil and Xhaka to play yet again . Glad they proved me wrong, as well as 99% of anyone following football today .

Red card all day!!!!!!!!!

Diving!

Do they have replays where you are ?

I am not sure what you were watching .
    It's been known for decades that getting the ball alone does not eliminate reckless or dangerous play .

Sounds like someone made prediction and looked stupid by the eventual scoreline mate!

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Diving!

Do they have replays where you are ?

I am not sure what you were watching .
    It's been known for decades that getting the ball alone does not eliminate reckless or dangerous play .

Sounds like someone made prediction and looked stupid by the eventual scoreline mate!
    Yes it was reckless enough the way he dived in and I get why he was sent off for that. I don't get what you're saying about more force than is needed. You should be allowed to go in with whatever force you want to as long as you get the ball. If he stayed on his feet and went in with the same force I don't think it would have or should have been red. I thought the game itself was poor. Maybe it had something to do with both teams playing in Europe midweek