Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chelsea vs Arsenal - 17th September 1:30pm

Quote Originally Posted by eaman View Post
    Yes it was reckless enough the way he dived in and I get why he was sent off for that. I don't get what you're saying about more force than is needed. You should be allowed to go in with whatever force you want to as long as you get the ball. If he stayed on his feet and went in with the same force I don't think it would have or should have been red. I thought the game itself was poor. Maybe it had something to do with both teams playing in Europe midweek
    Eaman ffs! you have to be one of the most annoying posters here ,i don't know if you do this sh!t intentionally or it's just your personality!
    "More force than you need" means the physics tells you in that situation there was no need for the player to run and lung with such force for such a short distance away. The type of force Luiz used to get to that ball was that needed if he were about 10 foot further away from the ball ,but he was about 6 foot away ,which doesn't sound a lot but it is a massive amount of excessive force needed to take the ball for the player. in short it was overkill which has every hallmark of a challenge meant to cause injury or reckless at the very least . NO way did Luis need to jump into that challenge for that short distance away. Anyone looking at that play knew that which is why he got red. That level of force breaks limbs 4 feet further back you lose velocity and momentum helps to remove the ball for the opposing payer ordinarily with very little risk of injury. I absolute refuse to believe you have played any football other recreational.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Eaman ffs! you have to be one of the most annoying posters here ,i don't know if you do this sh!t intentionally or it's just your personality!
    "More force than you need" means the physics tells you in that situation there was no need for the player to run and lung with such force for such a short distance away. The type of force Luiz used to get to that ball was that needed if he were about 10 foot further away from the ball ,but he was about 6 foot away ,which doesn't sound a lot but it is a massive amount of excessive force needed to take the ball for the player. in short it was overkill which has every hallmark of a challenge meant to cause injury or reckless at the very least . NO way did Luis need to jump into that challenge for that short distance away. Anyone looking at that play knew that which is why he got red. That level of force breaks limbs 4 feet further back you lose velocity and momentum helps to remove the ball for the opposing payer ordinarily with very little risk of injury. I absolute refuse to believe you have played any football other recreational.
    How am I the most annoying poster here. You are the most annoying poster to me coz again like a few other times you haven't read my post properly. I just said he shouldn't have dived in and that was the reckless part. But that has nothing to do with the force you go in with. If he had not dived in and just put his foot through the ball with all his might that would have been Ok. That is the what force is. The diving in part probably created less force as he was stretching for the ball. Anyway I'm not trying to disagree that it was a red. I think the diving in part got him the red. Comprehend specnur?

Quote Originally Posted by eaman View Post
    How am I the most annoying poster here. You are the most annoying poster to me coz again like a few other times you haven't read my post properly. I just said he shouldn't have dived in and that was the reckless part. But that has nothing to do with the force you go in with. If he had not dived in and just put his foot through the ball with all his might that would have been Ok. That is the what force is. The diving in part probably created less force as he was stretching for the ball. Anyway I'm not trying to disagree that it was a red. I think the diving in part got him the red. Comprehend specnur?
    OK, i guess you needed to be a bit more specific in who was diving though.
    Because in the flow of your post you questioned it being red card and soon after mentioned diving without saying who dived. That i effect leads one to believe you think the player who didn't make the tackle "dived" to make it look worst than what it was.

About diving taking off force as opposed to standing up.
    If you are standing up you haven control and a lot of your energy is taken up by the ground you stand on for stability ,as opposed to minimal contact to the ground when diving in out of control .

Anyway i think we both agree that it was a definite red card.