Thread: West Ham v Tottenham-23rd Sep-12.30pm

West Ham v Tottenham-23rd Sep-12.30pm

West Ham drew their last game 0-0 away at West Brom while
    Tottenham could only draw 0-0 with Swansea at Wembley stadium.
    who will win this local derby?

I'm sure this will be as tough as ever, tbh I'm pleased it is away from Wembley where we seem to play with the handbrake on there lately. Having said that, we appeared to play with the handbrake on at the London Stadium last time as well.
    A packed stadium, with plenty to prove to the manager and the fans, I'm sure West Ham will give their all. Tottenham, if they play their best game, should win, but I'm going for a draw.

West Ham 1 Tottenham 1
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    .... we seem to play with the handbrake on there lately.
    You're, without question, a closet Arsenal fan mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokers View Post
    You're, without question, a closet Arsenal fan mate.
    Nah, Wembley is just a stopping off point, it isn't the Emirates!

Really annoyed that Tottenham let West Ham back into this game, defensive sloppiness, casual play in the second half, a stupid foul by Aurier, who otherwise looks a decent "wing back". Cannot do that when you have your foot on the throat of the opposition. Tottenham should have coasted home. In the end we fiddled it, West Ham may feel unlucky not to have got a point in the final analysis. A penalty claim was there, but an iffy penalty claim I say so suck it up.

Antonio going off seemed to imbalance them somewhat, I've never been a fan of Carroll tbh; he was largely ineffective when he came on. Spam will go away feeling unlucky not to have rescued a point and will be right up to attack Spurs in the cup at Wembley. That, ironically, may play into Tottenham's hands. Big test I'd say, managerial astuteness required. It will be Poch vs. Bilic. As for today though, no points but lots of positives in the second half for the home team. Looking forward to that cup game!

FT
    West Ham 2-3 Tottenham

The outcome of this game surely would have been
    different if Antonio hadn't gone off early with a hamstring injury.

Good fight back in second half from West Ham with Tottenham
    lucky to win the game. We should get our revenge in the cup match.

If only Javier Hernandez could get more service up front
    I'm sure we would score more goals?

I was surprised to hear Karren Brady is backing Spurs now, sounds like common sense is prevailing at last! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...win-title.html