Thread: West Ham v Swansea-30th Sept-3pm

West Ham v Swansea-30th Sept-3pm

West Ham lost their last game 3-2 at home to Spurs
    and remain in the bottom 3.

Swansea lost their last match 2-1 at home against Watford.

This is a must win fixture for the Hammers, if we don't play
    well and pick up all 3 points i expect Slaven Bilic to be sacked.

Early season relegation battle? Nah, seriously I don't see it that way, West Ham actually pressed Spurs quite effectively after they went down to 10 men last week. Some might say they still failed to get a point against a 10 man team, but I saw it another way. They have become accustomed to playing at the London Stadium now, that isn't a problem, and if they get their best team together they will give any side a game. Lanzini and Antonio are available again, two crucial creative players I'd say. Swansea are a more realistic target for West Ham than Tottenham, they have every reason to expect three points.

Swansea are, if nothing else, well organised in defence, they are unbeaten away from home this season. I think they would take a point tomorrow for sure, but they should not aim for that result. Come out flying to get an early goal, get the home fans riled, then anything is possible.

West Ham 2 Swansea 0
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

HT

West Ham 0-0 Swansea

Swans were the better team in 1st half.

Hammers are rubbish.

A late goal does enough to give West Ham the 3 points. Bilic lives to fight another day!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

FT
    West Ham 1-0 Swansea

Hammers were awful and didn't deserve to win this game.

If i was a Swansea fan I'd feel like I had been mugged in London.

I still think Slaven Bilic needs to go hopefully during the international break.

we should be doing much better than this with the players we have.

dire game but its over now and we're three points richer.

we do appear to remain a team that has no obvious way of playing. a bit like England teams of old where players are picked with no concept of how they might work as a team. I wonder how much the manager has had to do with recruitment as there seems to be no thought about where players are supposed to fit.

it looks like its going to be another long, drawn out season.

Do you still want Bilic to continue Steely?

Its just that he doesn't seem to know what he is doing!

I know that you blame the owners etc but the coach has
    to surely take some responsibility for failing to motivate the players
    and you are never critical of him.

I'm going to the next home game against Brighton,
    first ever visit to the London stadium!

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    Do you still want Bilic to continue Steely?

Its just that he doesn't seem to know what he is doing!

I know that you blame the owners etc but the coach has
    to surely take some responsibility for failing to motivate the players
    and you are never critical of him.

I'm going to the next home game against Brighton,
    first ever visit to the London stadium!
    I don't have any faith that our owners would appoint any improvement and give him the tools to do his job.

our transfers from January have seen us in net profit by around 10m. this at a time of record revenues.

in addition to this, our two owners personally profit to the tune of 12m per year on the interest from loans to the club.

there are plenty of things to be critical of Bilic about and I think I have pointed out some of them. however I don't see him as the biggest anchor on our club and we will never progress until we have cut the cancer from the boardroom.

I have no doubt we'll have a new manager next season. however the system is broken, not the personell.

Its easy just to blame the owners all the time.

The fact is if Gold and Sullivan hadn't take over West Ham
    we might no longer have a club as we were 200 million in debt
    and very close to going into administration thanks to the incompetence
    of previous bosses like that Icelandic bloke which as a fan you must remember.

we also had no choice but to leave Upton Park as the ground was too small and
    almost impossible to get out of after games to get home which is why i stopped attending games.
    If i have a good experience in next home match i might become a more regular supporter again.

latest news is that some American billionaire has has just bought 10 per cent
    of West Ham and now has a seat on the board, Have no idea who is though to be fair.

Its easy just to blame the owners all the time.

The fact is if Gold and Sullivan hadn't take over West Ham
    we might no longer have a club as we were 200 million in debt
    and very close to going into administration thanks to the incompetence
    of previous bosses like that Icelandic bloke which as a fan you must remember.
    don't believe the hype. we're still in a mountain of debt, the difference is our debt is owed to Gold and Sullivan rather than a bank. for that philanthropy, they award themselves over 6m per year EACH in interest. by contrast, much maligned Newcastle owner Mike Ashley charges the club ZERO interest on the money it owes him.

these mugs are in it for maximum earnings, not for any 'love' of the club. they care nothing for you or I. they idea that we would have gone bust if not for them is ludicrous, but one they like to push at every opportunity.

we also had no choice but to leave Upton Park as the ground was too small and
    almost impossible to get out of after games to get home which is why i stopped attending games.
    If i have a good experience in next home match i might become a more regular supporter again.
    I will be very interested to hear about your experience of getting to, and departing, the London Stadium and whether you consider it an improvement. I don't know whether you did the queues at Upton Park but I used to walk to Plaistow and that walk was comfortably as long as it is from the London Stadium to Stratford.

as I said, despite this brave new world, we're in net profit on player transfers over the last two January windows. the next level? again, don't believe the hype.

latest news is that some American billionaire has has just bought 10 per cent of West Ham and now has a seat on the board, Have no idea who is though to be fair.
    you have no idea because our esteemed owners have not even published a story about it on the official website. however they did manage to find time to publish TWO stories on the football club website about Sullivan's garish gaff getting burgled.

that's the sort of shifty, self-interested twats you're dealing with.