Thread: Newcastle v Liverpool-1st Oct-4.30pm

Newcastle v Liverpool-1st Oct-4.30pm

Newcastle lost their last game 1-0 away at Brighton.
    Liverpool won their last match 3-2 at Leicester to move to 5th in table.
    will former Reds manager Rafael Benitez taste victory against his old team?

Meh, it is just the Benitez factor that has elevated interest in this game, despite Liverpool's comedy defence I don't see them having too many problems against the Barcodes. Newcastle are still suffering from the same problems they had when they were last in the PL, just seems to be Groundhog Day until they part company with Ashley.
    There is growing pressure on Klopp to win something with his team this season, the fans wont settle for "great going forward but not capable of challenging for honours", he needs to make a couple of quality acquisitions in defence sooner rather than later.

Newcastle 0 Liverpool 2
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Hoorah, the Liverpool comedy defence lives on! Awful, they should have finished off the Barcodes after half an hour, the home team seriously rode their luck at times, but Liverpool can have no excuse. Klopp had time to survey the game and play his hand, he did and his team were still ineffective. A welcome bit of pressure on the German before he takes his team to play Spurs in London later this month!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

FT
    Newcastle 1-1 Liverpool

Reds really should have won this game after taking
    lead through Coutinho's great goal but let Newcastle back
    in it and in the end a draw was a fair result for both sides.

Not that surprising. It will be battling for the 4th for Liverpool this season.

I've said it so many times but Liverpool are so unbelievably reliant on individual moments of brilliance it is a joke. even if you ignore the perpetually suspect defence, their lack of a recognised and reliable striker must be a significant concern.

I have no idea what has happened to Sturridge but he has seemingly lost the plot. Firmino isn't even a proper striker and Origi is average at most.

this should be a pivotal season for the club and manager and they're not yet rising to it. hugely inconsistent and the one team I outright refuse to place a bet on under any circumstances.