Thread: Huddersfield Town vs Tottenham Hotspur 30/09/17 12:30pm

Huddersfield Town vs Tottenham Hotspur 30/09/17 12:30pm

Huddersfield have had a battling start to life in the PL currently in 8th position, though recent results have been more underwhelming. Dave Wagner, Hudds manager said;
    We want to pull them [Spurs] down to our level on Saturday and then neutralise their offensive abilities.
    It's important that we play for three points against Spurs; we will try everything to do that.
    He has clearly watched videos of how Spurs play at Wembley, it is his team's best chance I'd say.

Spurs are fresh from good results against West Ham in the PL and against Apoel Nicosia away in the CL midweek. No doubt all eyes will be on Harry Kane who is on fire at the moment, but from a team point of view it is probably more important that Eriksen and Vertonghen are fit and available to play. Dembele is out with an ankle injury and Aurier is ruled out after his stupid red against the Hammers last week, they will be missed.

Bah, couldn't get a ticket for this one despite the fact it is only down the road from where I live! Oh well, looks like another afternoon watching a dodgy stream!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

This didn't take long. Kane is indeed on fire but Huddersfield are making it east for him.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    This didn't take long. Kane is indeed on fire but Huddersfield are making it east for him.
    I can live with that!

HT Huddersfield 0 Tottenham 3 (Kane (2), Davis)

Dave Wagner needs to play the West Ham vs Tottenham highlights at half time, Spurs went 3 zip up there but looked what happened...
    Huddersfield are currently available at 400/1 to win the game; worth a fiver? Much more chance than the lottery; I'm half tempted!

FT Huddersfield 0 Tottenham 4 (Kane (9' minutes, 23' minutes), Davies (16' minutes), Sissoko (90'+1 minutes))

Spurs excellent, if it wasn't for the Wembley factor I'd say this is Tottenham's season.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    Excuses ready then.
    Ooh girls, get her! As a season ticket holder I say what I see dude, Spurs away > Spurs home this season. If they manage to make Wembley a second WHL my opinion might change!

undoubtedly the early goal killed them off. they tried doing what they did to west ham, suffocate the game and cling on as best they can but once the opener went in they had no clue.

hopefully it wont knock the stuffing out of them too much as I like to see new sides in the league and I bear them no ill will.

routine win for spurs though who will, of course, be itching to nearly win something again this season.