Thread: Watford v Arsenal-14th Oct-5.30pm

Watford v Arsenal-14th Oct-5.30pm

Watford drew their last game 2-2 away at West Brom
    to continue decent start under new manager Marco Silva.
    Hornets striker Issac Success was in news this week after
    being arrested by Police and is unlikely to to take part.

Arsenal had a comfortable 2-0 win at home against Brighton
    in their last match and have now won last 4 PL games in a row.
    Sanchez is back in team again but Ozil not played for some time.

Success being out doesn't help The Hornets, though I still fancy them to sting the Arse at least once, they are strong at home. Arsenal are in a purple patch at the moment, looking good against weaker opposition, though I suppose you could say the same about most of the top teams at this stage of the season.
    Unlikely to cheer me up on my way home from Wembley.

Watford 1 Arsenal 3
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Typical, nobody posts on this forum anymore, just when I can have a good laugh at the Gooners. Oh well, just in case any Gooner happens to click here out of curiosity....

FT
    Watford 2-1 Arsenal

Hornets with late injury time winner to take all 3 points!

Was it a very harsh decision to award Watford that penalty?

If Ozil had put that chance away Arsenal would surely have won game?

It was never a penalty in a month of Mondays but let's make this clear. We/Wenger was undone by tactical awareness masterclass, something that Wenger has never had. Marco Silva went to 4 at the back and brought on Deeney who held the ball up well and brought other players into the game and scored the penalty. Wenger just doesn't have that kind of decision making in his locker, never has.

Watford deservedly won the game on merit. Wenger will no doubt be a coward and blame the ref but it doesn't escape the fact he was schooled by a young manager who had the smarts to pull Arsène's Y-fronts down in front of everyone to see... tactically.

Now Watford are 4th and they deserve it. Marco Silva seems to be another manager to keep an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokers View Post

Watford deservedly won the game on merit. Wenger will no doubt be a coward and blame the ref but it doesn't escape the fact he was schooled by a young manager who had the smarts to pull Arsène's Y-fronts down in front of everyone to see... tactically.

Now Watford are 4th and they deserve it. Marco Silva seems to be another manager to keep an eye on.
    Spot on pal, Silva has something about him...

I'm sure Richarlson dived and he will get a 2 match ban when this new FA panel meet.
    We don't want cheats over here.

of course it wasn't a penalty and I'm getting increasingly annoyed by the sheer number of match influencing decisions that are just blatantly wrong. not arguable, just outright wrong.

however it is obviously always funny to see Arsenal lose and funnier still to see that oaf Deeney outright mug the entire team off after the game.