Thread: Tottenham v Liverpool-22nd October-4pm

Tottenham v Liverpool-22nd October-4pm

Tottenham won their last match 1-0 at home against
    Bournemouth in what was their first ever PL victory at Wembley.

Liverpool drew their last game 0-0 at home against Man Utd
    in what was a boring encounter despite Reds dominating most of play.

With Man Utd getting beat I'd love to see Tottenham pick up a W here. However we have a poor record against Liverpool and we are at the dreaded Wembley. The team in red had a good result in Europe midweek, but their league form has been average. I'm hoping that continues!

Tottenham 1 Liverpool 1
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Couldn't have gone much better, the only fly in the ointment being the goal they got back. Pretty f*cking delighted if the truth be told, I'll be savouring the highlights of this one for the rest of the season. I anticipated a much closer contest, but I was secretly hoping Liverpool's famously sh*t defence would be carved open by our in form attack, they duly obliged.
    As well as putting Liverpool already out of the running in terms of challenging for the title, this surely puts some pressure on Klopp. Has his team really improved since he took over? I don't think so, great going forward but still a comedy of errors at the back.
    As for Spurs under Poch, you may say I'm a tad biased but you'd have to be a Spurs hater to say that he hasn't done a brilliant job with Tottenham. Not only has he built a very good team, he has made them hugely adaptable. Liverpool had 64% possession today and got spanked. A few seasons ago it would have been the other way round - in every respect Poch out thought and out manoeuvred the German. Happy days indeed.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

FT
    Tottenham 4-1 Liverpool

Excellent display from Tottenham day against a poor Reds side.
    Harry Kane was brilliant again but did give ball away for Liverpool's goal.

When Spurs went 2-0 ahead it was game over really and maybe for Klopp also?

record attendance for PL with over 80,000 at Wembley.

Tottenham are doing well I see. Their first respectable result in the CL? And now this.