Thread: England's Pre World Cup Friendlies.

England's Pre World Cup Friendlies.

England take on Germany tonight and then Brazil on Tuesday.

8 senior players including Harry Kane and Dele Alli have pulled out allegedly injured.

Will it be an easy win for the Germans at a sold out Wembley stadium?

Our B side against the Germans shit hot Youth team!. Cant see anything here but a comfortable win for the Germans. Not sure if ill watch this one, I might watch the Sweden v Italy game instead.

Friendlies tell us nothing these days, even with full strength teams available, though it would be nice to see England's lesser lights shock the German lesser lights! I would like to see a relaxed but bold display from England at Wembley, and maybe we will get that with players where the pressure and expectation is lower. Who knows how this will end, I'll go with a 1-1 draw.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

I reckon an England 5 - 1 win is on the cards

I actually enjoyed that England performance and have to say I found it really refreshing despite the 0-0. That has to be because Southgate mixed it up with players of desire.

Of course it was a friendly but, you have to hope there's a lesson learned tonight. Good performance against another German team that had the quality to tear us a new one.

Pretty happy with that, thanks Phil Jones, some heroic defending to keep us in it. As friendlies go a reasonably competitive game I thought. There isn't a great gulf between the players, it is all about organisation, and tonight Gareth showed he could organise a team!

10/11/17

FT
    England 0-0 Germany

I also enjoyed last nights friendly and thought England
    at least deserved to get a draw from it.

I thought Rouben Loftus Check was excellent and its a disgrace
    that he has had to go on loan to Crystal Palace to get some regular
    football as he can't get any game time at all in Chelsea's first team.

Can anyone tell me that the likes of Bakayoko is better than he is?

Brazil next on Tuesday night!

It is a sign of how seriously Brazil are taking this friendly that not a single regular player has dropped out due to "injury", it seems they want a test against European players. That being the case we might be in for a sterner examination than we got from the Germans. Personally, I hope Southgate doesn't make too many changes for tonight, it was quite refreshing to see some of the "B team" get an outing last time, they did pretty well.

England 1 Brazil 2

Well, different game, and yes the Brazilians dominated even more than the Germans. However, some major English players missing, Brazil showing up with their A team, not too shabby considering they didn't produce many chances. Oh well, still none the wiser how England will do in Russia, but we ought to be defensively sound!