Thread: Closing down forum after 10 great years.

Closing down forum after 10 great years.

Hi guys.
    I will sadly be asking football.co.uk to close down
    our forum at the end of the year as there are only a few of us
    regular posters left now and there is no point in carrying on like this.

I have had a wonderful 10 years as a member on here
    and really enjoyed the discussions and banter we had
    during this time all done in a great spirit
    and hopefully our forum will always be fondly remembered
    by those that contributed to make it one of the best around during our peak era.

Regards
    Hams
    Admin.

Shame that. Been a blast it has to be said.

I'd still like to keep in contact maybe via Twitter if anyone is interested?

My username is @Dansthemanz

Well done Hams for keeping such a tight ship and always keeping the discussions going. It's without question you played a huge part in this forums success.

Well done mate.

Now get on Tweeter.

It will be a sad day but as you say with no-one new coming in to replace the old it seems that it was inevitable . Will really miss it here. I echo Pokers comment about Hams being the heart and soul of this place and your commitment has been inspiring.

What the hell is Tweeter?!?

Thanks Pokers and Seamus for the kind words.
    Unfortunately forums have become old fashioned now since
    the arrival of social media sites like Twitter and Instagram etc and
    of course facebook and people just dont have the time to write long
    posts on discussions boards anymore which i think is a shame.

i hope we can keep our predictions league going as I'm sure to win it!

Sure, sad but inevitable, it seems a shame that forums are dropping out of favour as it is where more considered and intelligent debate lives. The likes of Twitter and Instagram tends to live on soundbites and trite comment.
    Salut Hams, you kept on administering CPR to the patient long after the signs of life had gone, I hope the Hammers stay up (without winning any more points against Spurs! ).
    I have really enjoyed being part of the forum and I have enjoyed the debates, I wouldn't have hung around so long otherwise. I retain membership of One Football Forum, so that is probably where I'll turn up after a few pints on the way back from WHL next season, though it wont be the same as here, which feels like a comfortable and favourite pair of slippers. All the best chaps, it has been a pleasure.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokers View Post
    Shame that. Been a blast it has to be said.

I'd still like to keep in contact maybe via Twitter if anyone is interested?

My username is @Dansthemanz

Well done Hams for keeping such a tight ship and always keeping the discussions going. It's without question you played a huge part in this forums success.

Well done mate.

Now get on Tweeter.
    My real name is James, and just followed you on Twitter.

Best memory of this place will be meeting a few colourful characters in cyber space.

It's a very sad time as I have been on this forum for 10 years now, but have only really been a part-time member for these last few years.

Oh so very sad that it's closing down when Hams has been initiating debate and providing plenty of information for years before now.

Anyone know a good forum where some of us could go? I forgot the name, but tried one, but most of the members were a bit too 'outgoing' let's say.

Favourite post was definitely 'Wenger OUT!'

Sad to hear the forum closes though it was inevitable. Really enjoyed all years I have been on here despite being less active the last few years. Always a real joy to read all banter on here. I think we will have a new category in the forum awards this year: "Most missed community".

Thanks to all Admins, Moderators and Members that have made this place to a daily forum to visit. Anyone that knows a different forum to hang out, please let me know about it