Thread: The Football Coaching Section

The Football Coaching Section

This section is for you to discuss your ambitions in coaching and refereeeing. Please don't hesitate to ask me or any of the regular posters in here for help.

Please don't argue or swear in here, or you'll slowly be working yourself towards warnings and bans.

Thanks, and happy posting!

Help!!
    Desperately seeking advice on my level 2 assessment - Support play, apart from basing it around attacking play I am struggling to come up with an idea for skill + technique practice.

Any advice would be grate, assessment is next week!!

cheers

Can I just let you guys know that nobody has any contacts on here that can be of any use to you if your looking for a football trial.

We don't mind you signing up and discussing coaching techniques, and anything else you would like to, but you are wasting your time if you have signed up just to ask if we know of any clubs which you can play for.

Ref training

Hi, my son is nearly 14 years old and he's been told that when he's 14 he can get paid work on a Saturday refereeing matches for younger players. I just wondered if anyone knew what kind of training he would need to do first?
    Thanks.

Approach your local county FA for details of when they are holding their referees courses. Thats about it really as once you complete the course you will be able to ref straight away since they are in such short supply.

As for prior learning, he could just go down to some junior teams and referee games in training to get some practice in and improve general levels of fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Kroenke's moustache
    Can I just let you guys know that nobody has any contacts on here that can be of any use to you if your looking for a football trial.

We don't mind you signing up and discussing coaching techniques, and anything else you would like to, but you are wasting your time if you have signed up just to ask if we know of any clubs which you can play for.
    Some of us do have contacts with people who could probably get them trials, but no one will offer trials over a Forum.

How to coach side foot passing

This is a useful soccer drill to use when you're coaching young soccer players and you want them to get away from toe punting the ball and learn how to use the side of their foot.

Soccer drill to get players using side foot passing

Coach your players how to kick using the side of their foot. Side-foot passing is for accurate, short, quick passingall the way from one box to the other. Repeat this soccer drill frequently and you'll find side-foot passing skills start to come naturally to your players.

In young players, kicking with the toe is very effective - the shot goes straight and harder than it would otherwise, so don't tell your players never to toe punt the ball.

This is an absolute that isn't true and your players will see players of the calibre of Lionel Messi and Ronaldinho - even Ronaldo - using the toe to direct the ball. It generates power!

But when you're short passing, toe punts are not easy or accurate. Ignore them unless you see a player continually doing it, then take him to one side and give him a quick lesson to show how accurate he can be with the side of his foot.

Try the following soccer drill to coach side-foot passing skills.

Soccer coaching tips

Get your players to approach the ball at an angle of about 30 degrees so that you have room to swing your kicking leg through.

Tell them to put their non-kicking foot close to the side of the ball, using their arms for balance and keeping their heads still and eyes on the ball.

The ankle should be firm. Get your players to bring their kicking foot through and strike the centre of the ball (to keep it on the ground) with the side of the foot.

With this type of passing your players are looking to keep the ball low so that it is easy for a team-mate to control.

The weight on the pass is also critical Follow through with the kicking leg to increase power, but the weight of the pass will depend on how far away your players and opposition players are.

Repetition is important for younger players - get them doing this soccer drill at every training session.

level 3

hi evrybody any one can help me to finnish my log book level3

Football coaching badges!

I am going to do my FA level 1 coaching badge in May! I am looking forward to it and afterwards I am going to do level 2 but I am wondering what kind of jobs you can get into when you have completed your level 2?

Thanks
    Ashley