Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1231252 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky T
    Oh and has Benzema really been compared to Zidane? He's nothing like Zidane. He's a striker, Zidane is a midfielder. Benzema is more like Ronaldo (the real Ronaldo).
    It seemed off base to me too. He's Algerian, French and good, I guess that's enough for the media nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky T
    Oh and has Benzema really been compared to Zidane? He's nothing like Zidane. He's a striker, Zidane is a midfielder. Benzema is more like Ronaldo (the real Ronaldo).
    I think it is more a physical comparison rather than a style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Piero 10
    Huntelaar - I don't think he'll go to United as they already have lots of attackers and there wouldn't be place for an inexperienced player like him
    We have one proper forward. That is Saha who is always injured. Huntelaar isn't that in-experienced either he's 24, a Dutch international and has played in the Champions League many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Piero 10
    How about Maldini like the Larsson loan deal?
    Don't be silly.

I think Man U could get on fine without signing another striker. Half the time they play Ronaldo up front anyway, and with Manucho next season, they should have plenty of options.

With a better right-back it'd be hard to find a fault in United's defence. I think that should be their aim, as Brown isn't up to the standard of Evra, Ferdinand and Vidic. The weak-link.

Then it's an out-and-out striker if they feel necessary. I'd get rid of Saha myself, as with Tevez, Rooney, Manucho and another striker you'd have more than enough, and the Frenchman is far too injury-prone.

I'm not sure if Giggs could do with replacing too. Nani will probably overtake him next year, starting most on the wing unoccupied by Ronaldo, so he could probably suffice as cover.

The only real area i think will be needed to be addressed is right-back. Elsewhere if strengthened is a bonus on an already strong foundation.

What so none of you want Luis Antonio Valencia.?

Liverpool and United are supposed to be fighting it out for him aren't they. I'd have him yeh, but not sure about the price that's been quoted of 10m. Apparently United have priced us out anyway... if there's any truth in this that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben91
    With a better right-back it'd be hard to find a fault in United's defence. I think that should be their aim, as Brown isn't up to the standard of Evra, Ferdinand and Vidic. The weak-link.

The only real area i think will be needed to be addressed is right-back. Elsewhere if strengthened is a bonus on an already strong foundation.
    There is a rumour that United have already agreed terms with Jose Bosingwa, the Porto RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Roonanialdo

There is a rumour that United have already agreed terms with Jose Bosingwa, the Porto RB.
    Boswinga agent denies deal:
    Jose Bosingwa's agent has dismissed rumours the Porto right-back has agreed terms with Manchester United.

The 25-year-old Portugal international has been linked with a move to Old Trafford in the English press, but Rui Neno insists nothing has been agreed.

"There is not any sort of agreement with Manchester United," he told PA Sport.

Neno claims no club has yet matched Porto's valuation of the player but reckons Bosingwa could be interested in a move.

"If any club bid the 30 million euros set by the club, I believe there might be agreement," he said.

"In Bosingwa's contract there is not any buyout clause preventing him from negotiating."

Bosingwa is seen in some quarters as a possible long-term successor to Gary Neville, who has endured an injury-plagued campaign.

But the Red Devils would have competition if they were planning to make a bid, according to Neno.

"What has happened is that clubs from, Spain, Italy, England and recently Germany have shown interest in the player," added Neno.

"Given his style of play, I really think that he would adapt easily to the Premier League, despite the fact some other European clubs have shown their interest."

Neno confirmed he has had contact with some English sides, but insists Aston Villa are not among them.

"Yes, but I prefer to keep quiet as it would be unpleasant to name those clubs' names now," he said of the interested parties.

"I just have to say that Aston Villa are not among those clubs.

"I have no idea where these suggestions (of Villa interest) came from. I have never been contacted by anyone from Aston Villa.

"It does not seem to me that the player would be interested to sign for Aston Villa, with all respect to the club. He would match up to a Champions League side."

Neno added that Bosingwa - a regular in Luiz Felipe Scolari's Portugal squad for Euro 2008 qualifying - was ready for the next challenge in his career.

"What does he say? Well, he is receptive to offers and says that this is a good season to move on."

Quote Originally Posted by YoBBo
    What so none of you want Luis Antonio Valencia.?
    I actually rate Valencia. Far too good a player for Wigan.

But doesn't it seem like a bit of a coincidence that the first time United have ever shown interest in any Wigan players we have to play them on the last game of the season?