Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2341353 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Rumours

Hard to say how good a player like Valencia is as he's playing for Wigan. I'm indifferent to us signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilTarkwin
    Quote Originally Posted by YoBBo
    What so none of you want Luis Antonio Valencia.?
    I actually rate Valencia. Far too good a player for Wigan.

But doesn't it seem like a bit of a coincidence that the first time United have ever shown interest in any Wigan players we have to play them on the last game of the season?
    I think hes a good player aswell but why would he want to go to a club where he isnt likely to play that often. Supposedly Man U want to trade Saha for him.

Which is a load of crap. Because Saha would be playing for ... Wigan. I wonder if Ferguson consulted him about this proposed move?

If he has a fantastic game against United at the weekend though he'll be dead set to join i'd imagine.

Saha might be injured all the time but he is far too good for Wigan.

Well i reckon if ManU do sign Valencia it will only be to enable Ronaldo to move to a more central position which would mean they would have Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo as strikers next year so i dont see them going for a striker like Huntelaar in the summer, especially with Frazer Campbell coming back, he could do a turn if given the right oppertunities. Maybe Valencia could replace Giggs too since hes losing form and doesnt appear to ahve too long left as a key player in the squad.

Swapping Giggs for Valencia would be more realistic.

As good as Saha is, i can't see him going to a big team when he leaves Man U. He is injured so much, i just can't see him doing much in football at all. I think he could end up retiring bin the not so distant future.

Apart from spending a good amount of time injured and sitting on the pitch when he did play , what exactly did he do for Utd. Saha wont be a miss at all.

UNITED are being linked with a trio of players as Sir Alex Ferguson prepares to start his summer transfer business.

Sevilla’s Brazilian duo Luis Fabiano and Daniel Alves are on the Reds’ radar, with a £30m offer on the cards.

And Fergie is favourite to beat Chelsea and Arsenal to Cardiff’s Welsh wonderkid Aaron Ramsey.

United’s chief scout Martin Ferguson has watched Fabiano, a 27-year-old striker, and Alves, a potential replacement for Gary Neville, numerous times this season.

Both are Brazil regulars with Alves, 25, regarded as the best attacking right-back in the world.

He was a target for Chelsea last summer who this week swooped for Jose Bosingwa.

United are said to have already opened talks to land Ramsey from the FA Cup finalists.

The midfielder, rated at £5m, is one for the future but has already caught the attention of the Reds’ main Premier League rivals.

source: Manchester Evening News
    I believe these are United's real targets for the close season.

Rio Ferdinand has signed a new deal with ManU until 2013...

"Rio's contribution this season has been a major factor in our outstanding defensive performance and I am delighted he has signed a new contract," said manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ferguson also fuelled a growing belief that the 29-year-old has been earmarked as the club's next captain.

"Rio has matured into his role at the club and has shown, when needed, what a great captain and leader he can be," said Ferguson.

"It is a great honour to be part of this trophy-winning team and to share in the success, which I am sure will continue for many seasons to come.

"I would like to thank the manager, the coaching staff, the players and the fans for the tremendous support they have given me since I joined the club."