Thread: Frei fancies BVB switch

Frei fancies BVB switch

Rennes striker Alexander Frei has admitted he would be interested in a summer move to Borussia Dortmund.

The Swiss striker, who is currently on the sidelines following groin surgery, is looking to move on in the summer and has been a long-term target for the German outfit.

Despite his injury troubles, BVB are still keen on the striker and Frei clearly fancies a switch to the Bundesliga.

"Dortmund are interested in me and I am interested too," stated Frei. "But as yet I don't have all the cards."

Frei is under contract at Rennes until 2007, but the club are likely to sell if BVB table a decent offer.

So I guess this begs the question would this be done before or after the WC? And the surgery he has had, do you know if this will prevent him from playing in the WC? When I have seen him play he has always displayed talent and skill.......

Frei eyes April return

Rennes striker Alexander Frei hopes to be back playing by the end of April.

The Swiss international had surgery on his injured groin in February and was expected to miss the remainder of the season.

However, he could now be back in time to play for Switzerland in the World Cup in Germany.

"I underwent surgery in Geneva and everything went smoothly," he said.

"I started six hours of rehabilitation a day and I will be ready to return to Rennes on Thursday.

"I haven't set any date yet but I would like to be back some time in April.

"I hope to come back strong with Rennes and have a great World Cup with my national team."