Page 147 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4797137146147148157197 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1982

Thread: West Ham Rumours

I am reading some rumors that if he comes there could be a 15 million pound buyout clause if West Ham doesn't get relegated. This deal could actually happen, but it is all up to Andy.

West Ham are going to be much stronger if this deal goes through because a smaller team like that(not insulting you guys I have the utmost respect) will cater a team around him, which is the way you need to do it with a player that has many great SPECIFIC strengths. You may not be getting versatility, but that could be developed slowly especially in a smaller club that will need you to step up.

Ego aside not a bad move, but I am still set that the best move would be Newcastle, though none of us knows the specific details to his departure. There could be a lot of bad blood there.

West Ham are close to signing the Mali striker Modibo Maiga from Sochaux for a reported fee of 4.5m.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    West Ham are close to signing the Mali striker Modibo Maiga from Sochaux for a reported fee of 4.5m.
    Done.

I don't really know much about him to be honest.

We have quite a few strikers now at Upton Park.

Modibo Maiga
    Carlton Cole
    Nicky Maynard
    Sam Baldock
    Ricardo Vaz Te

you have to wonder where this leaves Carlton Cole. he regularly professes his love for the club but will that extend to being a bit part player from the bench?

Also do we need so many forwards if Big Sam is going to stick with his favourite 4-5-1 formation even when were playing at home?

I hope that this decision by Allardyce to sue Blackburn boss Steve Kean doesn't get in the way of him doing his job properly.

most likely Vaz Te will be placed wide right which will then help Allardyce justify that it is a 4-4-2 and Maiga will be the man up top.

Maynard and Baldock will be bit part players at best to change things up if/when needed.

West Ham have made a bid of 18 million for Liverpool striker Andy Carroll!

The Reds could be willing to make a big loss on the former Toon forward to get him off their books.

The England international would prefer a move back to the North East however Newcastle are unlikely
    to make such a big offer for him making the Hammers firm favourites to win his signature.

Any comments?

i am absolutely baffled by this.

more than doubling our transfer record on such a limited player is absolutely obscene. while i am sure he could probably do a decent job for us that kind of money is a complete joke and is a disgusting use of club funds when they were trying to get out of a deal that allowed season ticket holders for five consecutive years to get a discount on their ticket this season.

if the club can afford to spend 18m on this player they sure as hell could afford to stick to an agreed deal for its most loyal supporters.

very disappointed by this

Andy Carroll could do well for us given the type of football Big Sam likes to play.

We will have to sell a couple of our strikers though to make room for him in our squad.

Charlton are said to be interested in Sam Baldock while I'm sure Carlton Cole will still interest several clubs.

Not sure Carroll is much of an improvement on Cole. Hopefully its just rumour for your sakes.