Page 97 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4787969798107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: West Ham Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Johaldo8
    Are you saying that Parker wouldn't have wanted to go?

Straight answer this time. Not "he was never going to leave" blah blah blah.
    there has been absolutely no indication that he did want to go.

Conversely, at the time of the window being open, there was absolutely no indication of him saying that he wanted to stay.

i am fairly certain he did not want to go to Spurs. if he had wanted to go, he could have forced a transfer, as you kindly demonstrated from his Charlton days.

as it stands, there is NOTHING to suggest he wanted to leave. on the contrary, he states himself:

‘’With the transfer window there is all this big hype,’’ Parker said

‘’There are obviously times when it is stressful but from the outset I always knew this was where I was going to be.

‘’The owners came out and spoke last season and I am more than happy here.

‘’Everyone knows I enjoy playing my football here. I really wanted to stay here, give it a shot and see what can happen.’’

Yep, and all this is completely irrelevant, because it was said AFTER the window was closed i.e. when it was clear that he would be staying, indefinitely. What else was he going to say? "I'm stuck here at Boleyn, but really I wanted to join the Yids and play top level football?"
    It's a matter of opinion of course, but I can't see why Parker would have preferred to stay at a relegation threatened club instead of joining the big boys near the top of the league, and playing in the Champions' League. That's not meant to sound arrogant, just factual.

Give it up you plonkers, you sound like old women arguing over which denture paste is better.

Why has Parker got to come out and say he wanted to stay...?

I think in today's world a footballer that really wants to leave makes it public once interest is shown.

Cesc did with Barcelona

Schwarzer did with Arsenal

Mascherano did with Inter, Barcelona...etc....anyone other than Liverpool!!

Point is it may have crossed his mind, he may of thought Tottenham is a side step, no one will ever really know but he never pushed on it in the way he's done before or the way other players have done before.

And now he's signed on which says to me he's committed at West Ham.

End of Story.

Pokey: I'm not saying that Parker had to come out and say "I'm staying", but if he did, then he would have ended the speculation. Take Torres for example; he ended speculation on his own future whilst the transfer window was open, when he declared his immediate future to Liverpool. That killed off the tabloid bullshlt right there.

Did Schwarzer publicly say that he wanted to join Arsenal?

Did Cesc publicly say that he wanted to join Barca?

I agree that Parker didn't push for a move a la Mascherano for example, but that doesn't mean that he wasn't interested in one, especially to a bigger, more glamorous and more successful football club.

the dedication you are putting into this is admirable but you are p*ssing into the wind, my friend.

on a more interesting note - Tony Carr will be made an MBE on 20th October

a fitting tribute to a man who has given English football so much.

yet another West Ham man making his mark on the nation. my hat goes off to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill

the dedication you are putting into this is admirable but you are p*ssing into the wind, my friend.

Fair play!

I read somewhere that Paul Ince wants to manage West Ham one day. If you don't like that idea Steely you're a racist.

Steely won't see that comment until Sunday at the earliest, as he's celebrating Yom Kippur tomorrow with Avram Grant. Then he's giving the Israeli a thai massage.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jono
    I read somewhere that Paul Ince wants to manage West Ham one day. If you don't like that idea Steely you're a racist.

clearly his 'black man in management' thing has worn off so the only way he will get publicity for his comments is by talking about west ham.

tiresome.