Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3948495059 ... LastLast

Thread: The best country/city you've ever been to?

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    I've been three or four times and on each occasion I've found the locals to be rude, obnoxious, unwelcoming and dismissive time and time again.

nowhere else on the planet has even come close to the levels of rudeness I have experienced from Parisians. and I make the distinction that it is Parisians rather than the French quite deliberately as I have encountered numerous other French people who do not seem to share this character flaw and have even commented themselves that Parisians are a 'special breed' indeed.
    to be fair mate , i got problem with couple of them right now !
    Poor business ethic .

It is well known that Parisians aren't great with outsiders. Even people who have been living there for decades aren't considered proper Parisians by the locals often. I didn't know they are that bad with tourists though.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    It is well known that Parisians aren't great with outsiders. Even people who have been living there for decades aren't considered proper Parisians by the locals often. I didn't know they are that bad with tourists though.
    I don't know about tourists ,but i was there on business recently twice and going again this weekend to Lyon.

Haha.

I'll ask him and find out.