Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2341353 ... LastLast

Thread: The best country/city you've ever been to?

I recently went to America and didnt really like it that much. I found the people I encountered rude and arrogant. At one place I held a door open for 8 people and none of them said thank you. I couldnt believe it. IT wasnt a busy place and it took them a ages to get through the fucking door. I was in shock, but maybe im just naive.

I thought the archietecture was quite ugly as well and I felt really out of place there. There didnt seem to be much tradition. Suppose it is a new country in contrast to ours. It was quite funny. I got a taxi from the airport. The taxi driver said
    "now i heard you chatting over there, let me guess where your from. Australia? No? umm, South Africa? no?' I put him out of his misery. idiot!

My brother is currently tavelling around Europe. He rung me the other day and said berlin was the best place he has ever been to. I cant back this up. Im not really that well travelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Benraul
    I recently went to America and didnt really like it that much. I found the people I encountered rude and arrogant. At one place I held a door open for 8 people and none of them said thank you. I couldnt believe it. IT wasnt a busy place and it took them a ages to get through the [beep!] door. I was in shock, but maybe im just naive.

I thought the archietecture was quite ugly as well and I felt really out of place there. There didnt seem to be much tradition. Suppose it is a new country in contrast to ours. It was quite funny. I got a taxi from the airport. The taxi driver said
    "now i heard you chatting over there, let me guess where your from. Australia? No? umm, South Africa? no?' I put him out of his misery. idiot!

My brother is currently tavelling around Europe. He rung me the other day and said berlin was the best place he has ever been to. I cant back this up. Im not really that well travelled.
    berlin???? why berlin???

Italy without a doubt sorrento and capri are stunning and you cant beat adrive around the amalfi coast truly the best country i have ever been in.......

Haven't travelled much to be honest, but I've been to the Greek island of Zakynthos (or Zante for you Philistines) a couple of times, and I love it there. Definetly a typical sun holiday but nice people and great places to eat, and isn't full of Chavs wanting a cooked Breakfast and the Sun every morning whilst yelling " Oi Manuel uon beero" like you get in some popular British holiday destinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyjinx
    I-tal-ia
    i second that.

Italy is a fantastic country. the best by far for food, culture, history, people.

America does not have sh*t on it. America is a pretentious, self obsessed, ignorant nation. what i would call a plastic country.
    Don't forget stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by floody
    Haven't travelled much to be honest, but I've been to the Greek island of Zakynthos (or Zante for you Philistines) a couple of times, and I love it there. Definetly a typical sun holiday but nice people and great places to eat, and isn't full of Chavs wanting a cooked Breakfast and the Sun every morning whilst yelling " Oi Manuel uon beero" like you get in some popular British holiday destinations.
    Yay the boy likes Greece!!

I loved Berlin when I went there, really interesting city that I'd like to visit again some day.

Kos...it was amazing! We're going back next year and I'm taking Rach with me!

Quote Originally Posted by floody
    Any chance you can lose her there, or maybe sell her to a Greek geezer in exchange for Moussaka and a couple of Greek Kebabs?!
    bet you dont even know how many a couple is!